- The term living is derived from the word “lifende” meaning living or having life.
- A living thing relates to any organism that exhibits the characteristic of life or being alive.
- Thus we can define living Things as the organisms which comprise of life and have the ability to eat, grow, respire, reproduce, procure and use energy for the metabolic process.
CHARACTERISTICS OF LIVING THINGS
There are certain characteristics, on the basis of which an…..
WHAT IS DOMAIN?
Domain is the highest taxonomic level of biological classification and hierarchy, even above kingdom level.
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN KINGDOM AND DOMAIN
- Domain is considered as the highest level of taxonomic ranking
- Kingdom is a rank below domain in taxonomy.
Taxonomical aids refer to procedures, techniques and stored information (collections of samples or preserved organisms) which aid in identification and classification of organisms.
TYPES OF TAXONOMIC AIDS
Some salient taxonomical aids are as follows;
- Herbarium serves as a depot for collections of preserved plant specimens…….
Bacteria are unicellular, microscopic prokaryotes that are placed in the kingdom Monera
CLASSIFICATION OF BACTERIA
Bacteria is divided into two sub-categories:
- Archaebacteria are the most ancient living…..