Skip to content
- The functional specificity of every enzyme is the consequence of its specific chemistry and configuration.
- Any factor that can alter the chemistry and shape of an enzyme can affect the rate of catalysis.
- Some of the important factors that can affect the rate of enzyme action are as follows;
- The rate of reaction depends directly on the concentration of enzyme present at a specific time at unlimited substrate concentration.
- If the concentration of enzymes is increased by two-folds, the reaction rate is doubled.
- By increasing the concentration of enzyme molecules, an increase in the number of active sites take place.
Back to Top